Friday, December 20, 2013

SNEZ E-News : Crazy Dogs, Pigs and Geckos in Cambodia

Practicing chords for Crazy Dog
Well I'm almost through the last of the footage from our time at Green Gecko Project in Siam Reap. For the 4 weeks we worked with the gecko kids, we started each lesson with some vocal warm ups and then onto 'Crazy Dog'. Each morning without fail, I asked, 'Do you still want to sing Crazy Dog'....and I always got an enthusiastic YES!!! This song was written by myself and Stew early in my songwriting days. I originally sat down and said to myself...'I want to write a song in the style of Bob Dylan'.....and 'Crazy Dog' came out! hahaha....nothing like Bob Dylan, but it's been a favourite each time I perform it, whether it's to kids, people with intellectual disabilities, at house concerts and once again, the Green Gecko kids, took it upon themselves to learn all the verses. I spent many Friday's teaching some of the boys and girls who weren't rehearsing with Stew, to play the chords and sing it themselves. 

Here's a little preview of what happened at the final concert.



Next blog we have a special little christmas message for you, so stay tuned.

Smell ya later
snez x


No comments:

Post a Comment