Friday, January 25, 2013

Snez E-News & Blog - Camels and Wild Women

Travelling by Camel to the NT
Hello folks, the tour plans are coming along very nicely. Just recently booked a 3 day stint at the Home Valley Station in Kununnurra WA. I think Stew and I will be buying some cowboy hats on the way. I'm pretty excited to be heading outback again. It really is a different world to the way I live here in the Blue Mountains. It's open and relaxed...sometimes too relaxed. I generally have to remind the venue owners that I booked with, that I'm coming, the day before.

If you know anyone who would like to host a house concert anywhere from Sydney to Brisbane, then across to Mt Isa, Tennant Creek, then further up to Katherine, across to Kununnurra and back down to Alice Springs, please pass on my details. I'm particularly interested in playing in remote areas, sharing my stories and songs.
I don't mind playing in sheds, around a campfire, in open spaces, rodeo's, campdrafts and caravan parks : ) Let's just say I'm open to new ideas and adventures. Live now, regret later.

I want to now share with you a song I wrote in the outback a few years ago called '8 Lives Left to Lose'. Most of you may have heard the song. I read alot when I'm touring and I started to read 'My Brilliant Career' by Miles Franklin. I really connected with the main charactor, Sybilla. This is also my 'F' you song to the people who are trying to mould and shape and change me and tell me that I should just smile and be a pretty girl and sit quietly.





WILD WOMEN EXTRAVAGANZA 
Now I'd like to remind you that there is less than 2 weeks until the 'Wild Women' compilation CD launch in Glebe. The room is filling up very quickly and there are limited seats. Tickets are now $16 at the door and online, so be quick before they all go. There are only 20 tickets left.

We have about 14 singer/songwriters playing a song each, coming from Wollongong, Sydney, Blue Mountains, Cowra and more. We had a couple of artists from the USA - Darcy Cotten, Jeni Hankins and Kim Sherman, but unfortunately they were not able to participate due to distance, but we'll send them pics and videos of the night, so they can see what they're missing out on. The pic on the poster below is courtesy of Kim Sherman.


Thanks
smell ya later
snez xx

No comments:

Post a Comment