Tuesday, October 2, 2012

SNEZ E-News & Blog - Wild Women and Dead Fish


By now you have heard that I'm working on a project called 'Wild Women'.  A collection of musical works by woman artists talking about women's STUFF! The ball is rolling, we're looking for artists to submit to this inspiring project. As I mentioned in my newsletter, years ago in the middle of the northern territory, Stew and I stopped by a second hand bookshop to buy some reading material for our long expanse of days and on the shelf I found a book called 'Women who run with the Wolves'. I put it back on the shelf  because I felt $12 was too much, but thank the lord I got over my tight-arse ways. I've read and re-read the book about 5 times and it has inspired me to create this project.

So to cut a very long and boring story short, click here to get some more details about the project and submission details. The compilation album will be released next year on International Women's Day. We already have 3 artists confirmed on the project including some international talent.

ABOUT WINSTON THE FISH
Another off cut that didn't make it on the last album. It probably needs to be re-worked, I did it years ago. This song is called 'Winston'. I don't tell this story often, but years ago my younger sister Diana, bought me a goldfish for my birthday, called Winston. I had it for over a year and I grew very attached to Winston. I used to talk to it and we formed a relationship, as fish go. As time went by I decided to buy a bigger tank for Winston....we've gotta grow, get bigger, get richer, move faster, up size...I wasn't satisfied with the small bowl I had. I wanted Winston to have more space to play.

Anyway, I settled Winston into his new home and then Stew and I went away for a couple of days and when I came back......Winston was sick. He was struggling to swim. He was suffering from a thing called 'Toxic Shock' which happens to fish when you've transferred them to a new space, but it's too clean, it doesn't have the algae or whatever and they can't handle it. This may all sound very silly , but I cried and cried and cried and I sat by his bowl through the night and sang to him and I wrote this song while he was flailing around in the water.....He eventually passed away and I released him into a waterfall the next morning called 'Mini Ha Ha' in Katoomba. Boohooohooo...I still get emotional when I think about it.

   Winston - SNEZ by snezmusic


DOGTOBER CHARITY EVENT
I have some wonderful shows coming up over the weekend.
First of all, this Friday, I am going to be at Martin Place playing multiple shows between 12pm and 1.30 pm. 'Dogtober' is a fundraiser for Assistance Dogs Australia.

If you work in the area come out, they'll be doing some dog demonstrations and educating the public about these special dogs. Assistance Dogs help people with disabilities get around. 50% of my CD sales that day will go to the charity. Click here for more info about Assistance Dogs Australia. FREE EVENT


THE SHACK

Nigel Wearne
Then on Sat 6th, I'm off to Narrabeen to play at The Shack. There are 3 acts that night including myself. Stewart will be accompanying me on a few songs. This is concert style show including Nigel Wearne and Grimick. Click here for more information about this show. TIX are $20 (concessions available)

PARRAMATTA PARK CAFE
And last of all, I'll be at the Parramatta Park Cafe on Sunday 7th Oct between 11am and 2 pm. Sharing some original songs on a hopefully beautiful sunny day. FREE EVENT. Stew will be accompanying me on this one.


Ok, smell ya later, hope to see you at a concert
Snez x






No comments:

Post a Comment