Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Gypsy Soul Tour Diary - Goodbye Printer, Hello Pancakes....and Cairns Here we come!!!

25th June – Heading to the Gold Coast

Hello there, I’ve had a few restful days, sleeping heaps and taking in the sun. It’s getting warmer and warmer. Tomorrow we’ve got a show at Carrara Markets. Never played there before, but in the past big city markets haven’t really been successful for us. Unless I put on a leotard and do some gymnastics in the middle, better yet, I’ll get stewart to do that, he’s very flexible : )

Spoke to Lindsay (our drummer) the other day, everyone says it’s cold up in the mountains with a  bit of snow even. Lindsay, as you know was the drummer with the choirboys for 14 years and they’ve been re-united for almost a year and they are going very well. Good news is that the Choirboys are doing a national tour with Def Leopard and also with Meatloaf from October. So that’s really exciting. ONYA LINDZ!!!!

26th June – Carrara Markets on the Gold Coast
Well the markets were as expected….Not really great – For me that is. Nobody was really listening, but I wasn’t really disappointed because this is what I was expecting. Made $20 and that was a struggle…around the corner a 13 year old boy in a gold jacket singing Piano man was making a fortune – Good luck to the fella!



It’s just another reminder to pick my venues to suit my music and the markets I’m realizing is not the place for my music. After the markets we indulged in some naughty market style food and called it a day…..


Getting stuck into the pancakes..mmm!

27th June – Sounds Original Showcase
On the Sunday we played to a very nice audience at the Indigiscape Centre in Capalaba, near Brissy. There were 3 floor spots and we were the main act run by singer/songwriter Aislinn.


Aislinn and Me!

The quality of the performers was pretty high standard. It kind of reminded me a little of Western Fringe – it was very relaxed. We had Greg Moffat who has played and written songs for people like Bill Chambers and then Jake Lloyd Jones who played folk and sang political songs. Fantastic afternoon.


Jake Lloyd Jones - Blurry pic...sorry

CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO - GOODBYE PRINTER, HELLO PANCAKES....AND BRING ON CAIRNS


28th and 29th June - The Cave, Nobby Beach and Brisbane Unplugged
2 more shows left for June and then we're taking a breather for a few weeks as we head up to Cairns. The money from our shows has paid for our petrol and food, I'm not too sure what we'll do now and if we will even make it to Cairns. I plan to do a few open mic nights on the way to keep my guitar practice happening. We've been staying with an old friend of Stewart's since we've been in Brissy. Nice to have a warm bed, hot showers...thanks heaps Kerry : )

We played at The Cave on the Gold coast on Monday 28th June. It was a nice alternate type of venue with 3 other acts on as well. The audience were polite and really enjoyed our music. Not sure if I'd play there again, not my scene once again.

The following day we played at the New Farm Bowls Club which was part of 'Brisbane Unplugged'. What a fantastic night. A great way to finish the first part of our tour. The audience was so attentive. It was a concert setting which was a bonus. I really enjoyed myself.

There is no footage or pics from the last two shows. It always happens, that at the great shows, we're too busy to take pics.....where's Nathan when you need him!!!!


I have to take my own pics dammit!

Anyway thanks for tuning in. I will still keep updating my blog everytime something intersting comes up and also posting new songs I've written and ofcourse finally releasing the film clip for 'Mr Moon' in the next week or two.

Smell ya later and stay in touch...I seriously need an eyebrow wax...thank god for the fringe! Is that a fringe or just my eyebrows??

Snez xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment