Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snez E-News with new songs, videos and gigs

Hello folks

It’s been a very hectic week for me. I have so far performed at 3 open mic nights and moving along very swiftly, I got a bit ahead of myself and started to book 40 minute gigs, which I’m regretting….I just want to get out there and do it!

I had my very first real solo gig at Mars Hill CafĂ© in Parramatta yesterday along with two other artists. A 40 minute set of originals and I was shitting my pants! Stew was there to take notes and film the show. He enjoys not having to do any work and just coming along as an audience member, eating cakes and drinking milk shakes…isn’t that the life!



The video ended up being blurry so I decided to share some songs from my lounge room.


I think I did a good show, I made a few mistakes that nobody would really notice, but my overall performance was confident…getting better and better. The fear for me is that I’ve taken a step down from such a dynamic show with Stewart and the band, that I’ll never be able to engage an audience as a solo act. My fear was put to rest for this gig as I sold my first ‘Gypsy Soul’ cd too : ) Nice.


On other news, I’ve got a really intimate gig at the Hive Bar in Erskinville on Monday the 7th Feb. It only fits 40 people and guaranteed to be a good show. The evening kicks off at 6.30 pm with a couple of opening acts and then I’m on around 8 ish.


I'll leave you with one more song. Let me know what you think : )


Adios Amigos

No comments:

Post a Comment