Saturday, October 23, 2010

Gypsy soul Tour video and bits and pieces

Hey there folks

As promised here is a short video from our trip. I'll keep this going each week for the next couple of weeks. If there are things you would to see on my blog please let me know and I'll try my best to include it.

Since we've been back Stew and I have been off to Noosa for a week. Stewart had to present a workshop about 'Music in Marketing and Jingles'. We had a fantastic time. 5 star all the way - a bit different to the last 3 months that's for sure.

I am now well and truly settled in, now for my next plan of attack is...any ideas?



Sometimes it gets so overwhelming thinking about music videos, press releases, getting cd reviews, how to get on radio, how to create a buzz!!! But the one thing I need to get all this stuff happening is MONEY!
While I was in a state of unmotivation yesterday(I don't think that's a word), we had a friend over and I said to her 'Do you think my music is good? because Stew and I can't seem to get any industry support whatsoever'.

She made a few valuable suggestions. She also said that in regards to my songs and my live shows that they were fantastic, but that my networking skills sucked! (She didn't use those words : ). She was not wrong either. I'm not too good networking and making contacts with the right people. I just want to play in my room and create.

I had a moment of clarity! The way I see it is I have 2 options.

1. To sacrifice my creativity and focus on the business aspect of music
2. To sacrifice the business side of the music and focus on the creativity

Well the burden was lifted off my shoulders. I decided to go with number 2. I decided that I'm a creator of things whether it be music, paintings, gardening, cooking food. I'm happiest when I'm doing these things and hopefully good fortune follows.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the video - short and sweet, next week I'll post another video and an interview from the ABC radio.

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment