Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Gypsy Soul Tour Diary - Cunnamulla

26 July 2010 - Monday

Left Bourke in the morning after our usual ablutions. Heading to a caravan park in Cunnamulla for a few nights, Stew has to finish some jingles and we need to charge some batteries and phones and also need to have a shower : ) - hot shower mmmm

Cunnamulla is a small town like most of the country towns with just the basic necessities. We found a really relaxed caravan park not too far away from the centre of town. Stew doesn't like caravan parks he feels like he's in a 'Concentration camp'. I think he might be over reacting a tad. The weather is getting very warm, but still cold at night.


The caravan park in Cunnamulla


When we got to the caravan park there were hundreds and thousands of locusts in the sky and on everything.  I hope this locust plague has nothing to do with 'Mr Moon' questioning some of the biblical beliefs : ).....Tried to take a pic of them but I'm not sure if you'll be able to see them. I think I might stay indoors for a little while.


Locusts in Cunumulla - They're everywhere


Take this and multipy by a million - looks like a monster from outer space!

Evening:
We spent the night at the communal camp fire and got to meet lots of different travellers and heard their stories. Most of them are 'grey nomads' and we don't really have much to say to them. So instead, while they talked we played with the daughter of the caravan park owners. Her name was Amelia Rachel Rose Crossley. She revealed to the whole camp fire congregration that "My dad" who was right next to stew, "used to fart everyday". You can imagine the stunned silence of all the over sixties there and then the sudden explosion of laughter. But she was promptly sent to bed after that ....what a shame I was having fun. Maybe next time I should be a little bit careful about who I do fart jokes with.

We decided not to take Freddy to the campfire because he had already had a go at one of the old ladies earlier in the day....she was a bit of a cranky whinger anyway : )
We then went to went back to our favourite place: the van with freddy and zonked off.


27 July 2010 - Tuesday
The locusts were gone this morning, but it didn't take long for them to come back. The birds are having a field day feeding off them.Freddy was at first scared of them, but now he seems more 'in awe' of them.

I'm feeling pretty sick this morning. The flue or something. Feels like my head's going to explode and I've got a sore throat. Nothing to tell today, I'm just going to take it easy and sleep most of the day and hopefully get better. We've got a couple of shows coming up in a few days and a radio interview, so I want to get better for that.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment